[BusyBox] bb and sysvinit

Andrew Dixon andrew.dixon at seranoa.com
Mon Sep 10 13:50:05 UTC 2001

"Bene, Martin" wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> > Hi All,
> > I'm finding some incompatibilities between bb-0.60 (and to a lesser
> > extent bb-0.52) and sysvinit.  Has anyone else come across these
> > problems before?
>
> Yes, I also encountered these. Given that bb init doesn't do runlevels this
> actually is to be expected and documented.

If you look in the documentation it does tell you that bb init doesn't
do runlevels so sysvinit is required.

This problem didn't have anything to do with bb or sysvinit but with me
being a bonehead.  I forgot to turn off bb-init and bb-halt and all of
those things that I'm using sysvinit for.  Once I did that it all
magically worked.

later,
Andy