[BusyBox] Layoff at Lineo...

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Sat Sep 8 10:44:29 UTC 2001

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001 09:57:46 -0600
"Erik Andersen" <andersen at codepoet.org> wrote:

> As was briefly mentioned in the news yesterday, Lineo had a very large
> layoff as a result of the economic downturn here in the U.S.  As a
result,
> I am no longer an employee of Lineo, and Lineo is no longer sponsoring
> busybox, tinylogin, or uClibc development.  For the moment, these
projects
> will continue to be hosted on busybox.net as usual.  If that
ends
> up changing, I will be sure to give everyone plenty of warning...

I did read about that, but i though you and busybox would be pretty safe.
It surprises me that lineo doesnt see busybox (and uclibc) to be worth
suporting, i think they should be proud of how far its come since they
took you and the projects onboard... i guess they must be very savage
cuts.

Sourceforge could be a good host for the project ?

I was wondering prior to this if anyone has backups of the the CVS
archive, it has a pretty long history, it would be bad to loose it if
something unexpected did happen.

> If anybody knows of a good job for a Linux/uClinux/embedded hacker
> I am interested in hearing about it...

If you have your financial commitments under control being unemployed can
be quite fullfilling :)
I guess thats a big IF for most people though.

Glenn