[BusyBox] Strange things/Error with bb ash again and again ;-)

arne @ loopback . org arne at matrix.loopback.org
Fri Sep 7 07:21:14 UTC 2001

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 03:17:05PM +0400, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> Arne,
Vladimir,

> Erik has taken ash from very old minix where by all means wanted to receive 64k
> a code.
> I can by comparison of debug log runing ash from minix 2.0 and ash busybox CVS
> to find
> a difference, having killed on it a floor of day.

Thanks very much for the work you are doing here!

> But really you want from ash to receive bash?

Well my hope was to get there, and from my opinion we are almost there...
What i would like is the bb ash to act like the standalone ash. Not more for
now.
I still got one more problem in one script, in a quite complicated
environment (a script running a script running a script and nasty things
with () 2>&1 | logger 2>&1). I still try to break this problem down to a
small environment where i can really find out, what is the problem.
I would like to have this fixed but if this is too much work, than it
doesn't need to be done, cause i have a workaround for this...
Unfortunatly i don't have the experience in C-Programming to fix it my self,
but i will look for it myself...

> Particularly for this problem patch in the attach.

yep, seems to be fixed...
	Thanks

--arne
Arne Bernin                            	Netropol Digitale Systeme
					Lagerstrasse 30a
Tel: +49 4043250000                     D-20357 Hamburg/Germany
Fax: +49 4028416740   	                ab at Netropol.de

Fppmpppff mpmmmmfmm mfpmffmpppff pmfmppfmmmppppp pmpmmmpppppp mfffmmfmp
fmmmmfmfppmfmmmfmf!