[BusyBox] libc5 tar, dpkg-deb, dpkg

Eric Benoit eric at oddity.ca
Mon Oct 29 10:16:09 UTC 2001

Hey all,

You may know me at the LOAF guy. Maybe you should try to forget, until 2.0
is out, anyhow. I've come to wreak havoc on^W^W^Wcontribute to busybox, as
it is indeed a very important part of the upcoming LOAF 2.0.

I'm having problems with CVS tar under libc5. -t or -x show/extract only
the first 'entry' in a tarball, be it a file or directory. dpkg-deb does
this too, and dpkg -i refuses to work since it can't extract anything save
for ./

This said, it works great under libc6, and behaves as expected.

Anyone else having this problem? Any clues on how to resolve it?

Thanks

"If a system is administered wisely, | eric at oddity.ca
its users will be content,           | www.ecks.org/~eric
with hacking away at their terminal, | ECSL - What conspiracy?
void of any malicious intent."       | "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot."