[BusyBox] Re: Init problems...

Jem X freewheel at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 09:38:48 UTC 2001

Just as a follow up... I think I have solved the problem but I am still not
sure if this is a bug.

After running all the scripts, the main control script /etc/rc.d/rcS echoes
"*** Starting rc.local" to the screen. It would APPEAR that removing this
echo line fixes the problem - my application retains control of /dev/tty1
and remains in the foreground and fully visible.

Is this correct operation? It seems that if another application tries to
write to /dev/tty1, the application that DID have it loses control of it
(hence going invisible). Am I just being really daft here expecting the
application to retain control?

I'd hate the problems to crop up again - can someone please confirm the
operation is as expected?

Thanks,

Jeremy