[BusyBox] problems with installing BusyBox

Ilic Aleksandar flylord at gavrilo.elfak.ni.ac.yu
Fri Oct 12 14:30:43 UTC 2001

Hi,
	I am trying to make some new embedded disto for my own needs. I
pick up linux-2.2.19 and busybox. During compilation time of busybox I
found a problem with open() and I have to put #include <fcntl.h> in
libpp/find_pid_by_name.c and I compiled it staticly. Then I take
devps.patch and ext3.patch and patch my kernel and recompile kernel (without /proc ).
 I installed tinylogin toom also compiled staticily, and setup /etc/inittab and fstab.
everything I need in the beginning. But, it don't work. I made devices mtab (c 10 22)
and ps (c 10 21) and when I boot my new distro , first that I saw is login prompt and
top of it an error:
getty: IOCTL() TIOCSPGRP CALL FAILED: IAPPROPRIATE IOCTL FOR DEVICE

I forgot to mention than I just copy /dev/ dir from my slackware 8.0 and
rm all devices I don;t need (like devices for sound, etc.) and make 2 new
devs.

Also, when I login into distro , and try df I got error:
open failed for `/dev/mtab' : no such device
ans similar error for ps and mount. I check those devices and they are
correct. And one more thing , my fs is mounted read-only!

I suppose that all those errors I just mine errors:( and I would be
thankfull someone help me with this.

(I use glibc 2.1 from debian-2.2.r3)
				Ilic Aleksandar