[BusyBox] new tar patch, want to get this out of the way

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Thu Oct 4 02:38:55 UTC 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:57:19 -0600
Matt Kraai <kraai at alumni.carnegiemellon.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 05:44:28PM +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> > Ive had these tar changes for a few months now, it would be good to get
it
> > out of the way.
> >
> > The drop in replacement for tar can be found at
> > http://people.debian.org/~bug1/busybox/tar.0310.c
>
> There are a number of bugs in this reimplementation:
>

> As an aside, even my minimal test suite caught the first problem.
> I've posted a new test suite[1] which tests for all but the second
> problem.
>
> Matt

Using your test suite v1.5 on my newest tar i get

PASS: tar-demands-at-least-one-ctx
PASS: tar-demands-at-most-one-ctx
PASS: tar-extracts-file
XFAIL: tar-handles-cz-options
PASS: tar-handles-exclude-and-extract-lists
PASS: tar-handles-multiple-X-options
FAIL: true-returns-success

compressing created tar files didnt work in the existing tar either, but i
did fix it to exit and give an error msg

http://people.debian.org/~bug1/busybox/tar.20011004.c

There maybe be more untested bugs though.

Glenn