[BusyBox] help! with reboot/halt problems please

Andrew Dixon andrew.dixon at seranoa.com
Wed Oct 3 08:22:59 UTC 2001

Luke wrote:
<snip>
> I do have BB_FEATURE_LINUXRC enabled - it is enabled by default and I did not change either
> Config.h or Makefile when I built busybox.  I was thinking that the busybox's reboot might not be
> finding the correct init process so that is why I did a
>
> # kill -SIGTERM 9
>
> as shown above - I still don't get a reboot - just the printf's that might make you think it
> worked :)
>
> Later,
> Luke
>
> ps.  ANY and all suggestions are VERY welcome.

I'd go with sysvinit.  I'm using it with bb-0.60.1 and it works very
well.  I've got the following apps installed:

33.0k	init
11.0k	sulogin
17.0k	shutdown
10.0k	killall5
8.0k	halt
8.0k	reboot
4.0k	runlevel

where reboot is just a static link to halt.  I'm not sure but I think
you could get by with just init and halt.  If space is a problem you
could recompile bb with uClibc (get an older version I believe some
stuff is broken in the latest snapshot).

hth,
Andy