[BusyBox] help! with reboot/halt problems please

Luke luke_epsilon at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 21:07:49 UTC 2001

Hello all,

--- Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org> wrote:
> On Tue Oct 02, 2001 at 01:10:51PM -0600, Matt Kraai wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 11:55:33AM -0700, Luke wrote:
> > > # ps
> > >   PID  Uid     Stat Command
> > >     1 0         R    [swapper]
> > >     2 0         S    [keventd]
> > >     3 0         S    [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
> > >     4 0         S    [kswapd]
> > >     5 0         S    [kreclaimd]
> > >     6 0         S    [bdflush]
> > >     7 0         S    [kupdated]
> > >     8 0         S    [mtdblockd]
> > >     9 0         S    init
> > >    29 0         S    -sh
> > >    36 0         R    ps
> > >
> > > # kill -SIGTERM 9
> >
> > BusyBox reboot assumes that init's process ID is 1.
>
> This is only true when BB_FEATURE_LINUXRC is not
> defined. When BB_FEATURE_LINUXRC is defined, busybox
> will search for the init process.
>
> Matt, suppose we should always enable the search?
>
> Luke, do you have BB_FEATURE_LINUXRC enabled?

I do have BB_FEATURE_LINUXRC enabled - it is enabled by default and I did not change either
Config.h or Makefile when I built busybox.  I was thinking that the busybox's reboot might not be
finding the correct init process so that is why I did a

# kill -SIGTERM 9

as shown above - I still don't get a reboot - just the printf's that might make you think it
worked :)

Later,
Luke

ps.  ANY and all suggestions are VERY welcome.