[BusyBox] busybox date

Jim Treadway jim at stardot-tech.com
Fri Nov 30 01:10:50 UTC 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Thu Nov 29, 2001 at 11:22:14PM -0600, David Douthitt wrote:
> > On 11/29/01 at 10:11 PM, Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Do you happen to be using busybox with uClibc?
> >
> > Yes, indeed.  Is that the trouble?
>
> Yup.  uClibc timezone support is pretty much all stubbed out
> (hense the '???' timezone).. I've been intending to fix it but
> it never has bothered me enough to make it to the top of the
> TODO list,
>
>  -Erik

Perhaps nothing should be output for the unknown timezone, to make it
behave like GNU date?  From the man page for date:

       %Z     time zone (e.g., EDT), or nothing if no  time  zone
              is determinable

I'm assuming of course that this applies for the "no argument" (or '%c')
version(s) of GNU date as well.

Probably not very important, but the "???" is a bit funny looking.

Jim