[BusyBox] cannot open /proc/net/dev on TQM860L

Dalibor Kranjcic dalibor.kranjcic at hermes.si
Mon Nov 26 05:54:30 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm running busybox 0.60.2 on TQM860L platform and it works just fine,
except for network.
When executing route or ifconfing instructions in msh the following is
reported:

# ifconfig

 cannot open /proc/net/dev (No such file or directory). Limited output.

# ifconfig etho

Warning: cannot open /proc/net/dev (No such file or directory). Limited
output.
 eth0  Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:D0:93:00:28:E5
          BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          Base address:0x3c00

I have already enabled the proc file system option in kernel (latest kernel
by denx) and I have /proc dir. on file system too, so I guess something must
be wrong in configuring busybox (or not)?

Thanks for suggestions!

Dalibor Kranjcic.

P.s

The Config.h file is attached.