[BusyBox] bug#1223: BusyBox] bug#1223: grep segfaults with multiple regexps and CLEAN_UP enabled

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Nov 19 05:59:52 UTC 2001

On Mon Nov 19, 2001 at 01:49:42PM +0100, Neal H Walfield wrote:
> > dmalloc _is_ a malloc debugger, so I think it is valid
> > for it to be worried about such things.
>
> Hmm, look at that you go to his homepage and you can barely miss it.
> What ignorance.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.

Regardless, if you are bothered by dmalloc telling you about
calls to free(NULL), then you turn those warning off or not
enable dmalloc.  I've used dmalloc.  I've used efence.  I've used
the glibc malloc environment variables.  I've even used purify in
years past.  I like them.  Just like I prefer having a compiler
that spews lots warnings.  And just like with a compiler if the
all those pesky warnings bother you, you can turn them off.

 -Erik