[BusyBox] bug#1174: multiple busybox bugs. init, mv (minor), sh

David Douthitt ssrat at mailbag.com
Thu May 31 06:37:11 UTC 2001

Adam Slattery wrote:

> 2) mv
>
> Currently the mv component doesn't support any options (like -f). This
> is fine, but it might be nice if it silently ignored the first options
> that started with - until it hit an argument that didn't start with -.
> This isn't a bug, and I honestly don't care much if this is implemented.
> Just noticed it when my installer code wasn't working right.

This is an interesting idea, though I would suggest a slight change.
Here would be my question: is it a good idea to silently ignore valid
GNU options (like -f) and to error on invalid options?  It may or may
not; one might look at ssmtp for an example, which silently ignores
(but accepts) a great deal of sendmail's valid options.