[BusyBox] insmod problem with 2.4.4 kernel

Andreas Neuhaus andy at fasta.fh-dortmund.de
Thu May 24 00:30:43 UTC 2001

well, of course i compiled everything (uclibc and busybox) against the i was
testing. a few minutes ago i completely checked out uclibc and busybox again
and recompiled everything: still the same strange thing.

because my build system has a 2.4.2 kernel i guess somewhere is something
included from my running kernel. i don't install uclibc on my build system
because i only want to run busybox on a little (embedded) i386 machine (and
not on my build machine!).

i traced parameters i386-uclibc-gcc passes to gcc but i cannot find any
mistake. of course i set KERNEL_SOURCE in uClibc/Config to the right path,
but there must be some place where it takes something from my running
kernel. any hints?

regards,
andreas neuhaus

> My suggestion would be to re-compile the uClibc libraries, and
> BusyBox against the new kernel code.  Make sure that the libraries and
> binaries are installing correctly, and you should be all set.  I have been
> using the 2.4.4 kernel for a while now (since just after it was released),
> and have had no problems with modules with CVS since the middle of last
> week.  That would be my second guess, is to update your version against
CVS.