[BusyBox] pause for next release?

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Wed May 2 11:21:31 UTC 2001

On Wed May 02, 2001 at 09:29:19AM -0700, Larry Doolittle wrote:
> I.Q. wrote:
> > Personally, I think busybox should be distributable with floppies and not CDs.
> > I am rather uncomfortable with putting docs and .gif in download package.
>
> One copy of the compressed BusyBox tarball fits on about half
> a floppy.  I think it's good to include docs with the sources.
> The images are pretty small, they only take up about 30K of that
> file.  I _don't_ like the .gif's, they should be .png's instead.
> Yes, I know you can't have animated .png's.  I don't think that's
> a loss.

Wow.  I hadn't even noticed I still had .gifs out there.  The gimp
and I will spend a few minutes fixing that right up.  ok, done.

> If you total up all release tarballs, plus the mailing list,
> you get about 20 MByte.  I don't know how much space the CVS
> history files take.  This stuff is far more than can be easily

The busybox cvs archive compresses as a .tar.bz2 is 1.3 Meg.
The mailing list archives and web index is 13 Meg.  The FTP
site (with all the existant old tarballs) is another 8.5 Meg.

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com