[BusyBox] pause for next release?

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Tue May 1 16:22:35 UTC 2001

On Tue May 01, 2001 at 02:46:39PM -0700, Larry Doolittle wrote:
> The last few days seem to have been relatively quiet,
> without major reorganization :-)
>
> Maybe this would be a good time for an 0.52 release.
> There have been a _lot_ of changes since 0.51, both
> bugfixes and internal reorganization.  I think it's
> worth checkpointing our current status.

Agreed.  I've been thinking I need to get a release
out for the debian boot-floppies (a couple of ugly bugs
showed up in the last release)...

> The only item I would like to see fixed before an 0.52
> release is to make hush read files properly.  I think
> that worked once, but got messed up when cmdedit support
> was added.

Hmm.  My fault I guess.  I'd also like to get the job control in
and working.  I'll finish off the job control if you can fix
whatever I broke adding cmdedit, so file reading works again.

> I wouldn't mind having an archive quality CD (real
> pressed, not CD-R) of BusyBox.  I have in mind all
> the release tarballs, the CVS history files, and the
> mailing list archive.
>
> I don't think that would take a very large fraction
> of the CD, you could add to that uClibc, and a bunch
> of other projects as well.  Maybe all the stuff listed
> on the Lineo "Cool Embedded Software" page?
>
> If other people are interested, I'd be happy to both
> help out technically, and chip in my share of the
> pressing fee.  A place like
>   http://www.amtechdisc.com/replication.htm
> could press 500 CDs for US$685 (inserted in Tyvek sleeves).
> 20 people chipping in $34.25 each could each get 25 CDs
> for their trouble.

Hmm.  Lets take this off line for a bit and see what we can do.

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com