[BusyBox] pause for next release?

Larry Doolittle ldoolitt at recycle.lbl.gov
Tue May 1 15:46:35 UTC 2001

The last few days seem to have been relatively quiet,
without major reorganization :-)

Maybe this would be a good time for an 0.52 release.
There have been a _lot_ of changes since 0.51, both
bugfixes and internal reorganization.  I think it's
worth checkpointing our current status.

The only item I would like to see fixed before an 0.52
release is to make hush read files properly.  I think
that worked once, but got messed up when cmdedit support
was added.

I wouldn't mind having an archive quality CD (real
pressed, not CD-R) of BusyBox.  I have in mind all
the release tarballs, the CVS history files, and the
mailing list archive.

I don't think that would take a very large fraction
of the CD, you could add to that uClibc, and a bunch
of other projects as well.  Maybe all the stuff listed
on the Lineo "Cool Embedded Software" page?

If other people are interested, I'd be happy to both
help out technically, and chip in my share of the
pressing fee.  A place like
  http://www.amtechdisc.com/replication.htm
could press 500 CDs for US$685 (inserted in Tyvek sleeves).
20 people chipping in $34.25 each could each get 25 CDs
for their trouble.

      - Larry