[BusyBox] Re: busybox sh and German characters

Mark Whitley markw at lineo.com
Tue Mar 27 17:16:45 UTC 2001

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 08:49:31PM +0400, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:

> Oh, my first variant is broken.
> Last variant is true.
> Please correct in CVS from last message in this tread.
> Hint:
> -if(strncmp(v, "LC_CTYPE=", 7)==0)
> +if(strncmp(v, "LC_CTYPE=", 9)==0)

Thanks, applied.

> Also. I think require generate new option: BB_SUPPORT_LOCALE and apply this
> handpatch to busybox.c:
>
> #ifdef BB_SUPPORT_LOCALE
> #include <locale.h>
> #endif
>
> main()
> {
> 	initialization stuff;
> #ifdef BB_SUPPORT_LOCALE
> 	setlocale(LC_ALL, "");
> #endif
> }

This sounds like a pretty good approach.

> > > I also wonder why this hasn't come up before, since Lineo seem to be
> > > active in Germany.
> >
> > Thanks for the patch, Vladimir.
>
> Hmm. This only bug-reaction. Not complete work with localization. Im very
> busy for generate complete patch.

Same here. Like I said, there are plenty of things we need to work on with
Busybox and only so much time. If you (or anyone else) wants to work up a
complete patch for the BB_SUPPORT_LOCALE feature, I'd be delighted to look it
over.

Mark Whitley
markw at lineo.com