[BusyBox] debugging with dmalloc

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Thu Mar 22 15:36:09 UTC 2001

Im trying to track down a segfault with a dpkg- applet im working on.

Running through gdb backtrace the segfault comes from malloc, realloc,
get_line_from_file.
get_line_from_file is supposed to allocate memmory itself.. so i dunno
what im doing wrong.

Anyway, im trying to use dmalloc to help me work it out (oh no i can see
my memory leaks, the horror, the horror), dmalloc creates a logfile on
every applet ive tried except the one that segfaults.

I read something in the manual about dmalloc using the exit call...  is
dmalloc supposed to create a logfile if the app segfaults ?

Glenn