[BusyBox] Re: Some more busybox issues...

Andreas Neuhaus andy at fasta.fh-dortmund.de
Thu Mar 15 23:22:45 UTC 2001

> > - init shows up as /linuxrc in ps and so halt/reboot/powerdown cannot
find
> > the init process. i have no clue why argv[0]="init"; does not work. btw,
all
> > other processes spawned by busybox init (i have several /bin/sh) also
show
> > up as "/linuxrc". is this a "feature" of 2.4.x kernels?
> This sounds like a kernel problem.  There is no reason I can think of that
this
> should not work.  And the thing with the names of the child processes all
being
> "/linuxrc"... nasty.

hmm... very bad... i need a way to get this to work. a non-working reboot is
not a good idea :-(

> > - lash still duplicates environment settings. i'm running a linux 2.4.2
> > kernel, booted by syslinux 1.52. it boots in VMWare (virtual machine)
and
> > contains only uClibc and busybox (latest cvs versions). there always
seem to
> > be 2 entries for PATH:
> Hmm.  I suspicious that this is a uClibc bug.  I'm going to do some
tests...

 no, its a problem in busybox/init.c - just a few minutes and i'll send a
patch and a more detailed description...

regards,
andreas neuhaus

--
Life could be so much easier if we could just look at the source code...
  .~.