[BusyBox] 0.50 looks OK to me

Larry Doolittle ldoolitt at recycle.lbl.gov
Thu Mar 15 00:14:38 UTC 2001

A fresh baked busybox-0.50pre looks good on all my tests.
The worst of the lash bugs are all gone.  Everybody please
try it out to make sure scripts that used to work with 0.49
are still OK.  Complaints that can't handle subshells, ! as
a reserved word, here documents, etc. will be cheerfully tossed
in /dev/null.  Actually, I might keep them as reminders of who
should volunteer when hush is ready for those features to be tested.

I had some weird problems with things like:

/ # echo | cat

sh: tcsetpgrp: Operation not permitted
sh: waitpid(126): No child processes
sh: waitpid(127): No child processes

... but those went away when I changed from linux-2.4.0 to linux-2.4.2.
I can provide nanoEngine patches for linux-2.4.2-rmk1-np2 if anyone
is interested.  That kernel booted and ran perfectly on the first try.

     - Larry