[BusyBox] libc corruption??

David Douthitt ssrat at mailbag.com
Thu Mar 8 15:38:41 UTC 2001

I've been having problems with ld-linux-2.0.7.so and libc-2.0.7.so
getting corrupted (apparently).  Previously, insmod SegFaulted (right
away).  Now, more SegFaults after about 3-6 pages of display (though the
number seems to vary).

I'm using busybox 0.50pre, and glibc-2.0.7 from Debian with the last
security fix (Sep 2000).

What's it take to ensure that these don't get corrupted?  I'm always
making a tar.gz out of the system, including all files in /lib; would
this do it?

I originally thought this was a problem with busybox, but then busybox
does practically everything in my system, and when libc and ld-linux was
replaced, the symptoms changed....

I tried using gdb but it SegFaults as soon as the program runs.  Did
that with insmod and (I think) with more.