[BusyBox] Syslogd

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Tue Mar 6 23:40:17 UTC 2001

On Tue Mar 06, 2001 at 06:28:52PM -0500, Gennady Feldman wrote:

> Here is my current TODO list for busybox:
> 1. Split up klogd and syslogd into 2 separate applets.
> 2. Add syslog_msg() to utility.c
> 3. Update klogd.c w/ new function call
> 4. Update logger.c to do the same as #3
> 5. Remove all the garbage from syslogd (there is a lot of code in there)
> 6. In syslogd fix up/cleanup the code and add suppression of duplicate
> messages. (a TODO item added by me a long time ago)

Sounds great.

> P.S. What is the tentative schedule for the next release. I don't want
> everybody to wait until I am done.

Well, I've been trying to get it out, and I keep getting pulled into doing
bugfixing in other things.  I am now trying in earnest to get a release out
ASAP.  I checked in an updated Changelog this morning, fixed and closed a few
bugs before I got pulled off to do some other things.

I still have some patches from Vladimir that need to be merged that I know of.
Mark is looking into the remaining 'df' problems.  I am _very_ hopeful that I
can get things pulled together tonight for a release sometime tomorrow.  Of
course, I've said that before...

Regardless, whether your syslogd updates are finished in time or not,
the release will still go out.  It has been delayed far longer then I
ever expected.

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com