[BusyBox] Problem with daily gzipped tarball.

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Mon Mar 5 18:10:05 UTC 2001

On Mon Mar 05, 2001 at 12:52:24PM -0500, Eric Desjardins wrote:

> Unfortunately, I don't have access to cvs (behind a proxy) and must rely on
> the daily  gzipped tarball.  The problem is: it is not gzipped, It is just a
> simple tar ball.
> It would be faster to download a small gzipped file.

how odd.  Lemme check:

andersen at opensource:~$ ll busybox/docs/busybox.net/busybox.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--    1 andersen andersen   540768 Mar  5 00:00 busybox/docs/busybox.net/busybox.tar.gz
andersen at opensource:~$ file busybox/docs/busybox.net/busybox.tar.gz
busybox/docs/busybox.net/busybox.tar.gz: gzip compressed data, deflated, last modified: Mon Mar  5 00:00:02 2001, os: Unix

Well, it seems to be compressed to me.  Did you use netscape to download it?
Netscape has an annoying habit of auto de-compressing files without telling you
what it is doing.  Parhaps that is is.  If so, you could use something like
wget to fet the tarball...

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com