[BusyBox] Division of work.

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Sun Mar 4 12:38:15 UTC 2001

Glenn McGrath wrote:

> Im wondering what the best aproach is to handle debian/debian-installer
> specific applets.
>
> Applets in this catagory could be
> ar,     (probably fileutils, but probably mostly used for debian)
> dpkg,
> dpkg-deb,
> dpkg-scanpackages, (i intend to write it)
> others, the bb style of code reuse could make it really good
> (easy/efficient) for implementing numerous other dpkg- tools
>
> It may be tidier if they had their own group as it caters for a specific
> group of people.

Hmm, debian is sponsor? ;))

For Slackware requires:
1) dialog. But this require good libncurses. Uclibc not have this.
2) Good shell. Busybox politic with this very strange. :(
3) Very strong testing all apllets and correct instalation scripts for
remove trivialisation effects in busybox applets.

For RedHat? RPM? Ohhh... ;)

> >  - Turn utility.c into libbusybox.
> >

> It will be interesting what policy is implemented in deciding what
> does/doesnt belong in libbusybox.

And put this ideas to ALL GNU authors! :)))

Not humor:
Xerror_msg* ALREADY in glibc. This code in busybox is out-date specific.
update.c can rewrite with daemon() function also already in glibc.

I think, progress in busybox brake from uclibc and libc5-compatibile.
(Exuse me, Manuel ;) )

--w
vodz