[BusyBox] Division of work.

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Sat Mar 3 05:48:17 UTC 2001

Mark Whitley wrote:
>  - Possibly create subdirectories for logical groups (i.e. fileutils,
>    shellutils, netutils, loginutils, etc.). Undecided as to which
>    subdirectories will be made, or whether we will do it at all.

Im wondering what the best aproach is to handle debian/debian-installer
specific applets.

Applets in this catagory could be
ar,	(probably fileutils, but probably mostly used for debian)
dpkg,
dpkg-deb,
dpkg-scanpackages, (i intend to write it)
others,	the bb style of code reuse could make it really good
(easy/efficient) for implementing numerous other dpkg- tools

It may be tidier if they had their own group as it caters for a specific
group of people.

>  - Turn utility.c into libbusybox.

It will be interesting what policy is implemented in deciding what
does/doesnt belong in libbusybox.

Glenn