bug#1117: [BusyBox] bug#1117: Correct my stty in recovery_mode

Mark Whitley markw at lineo.com
Fri Mar 2 20:16:11 UTC 2001

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 04:50:34PM +0300, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:

> After exception long_option and using functions parse_number the incorrect
> behaviour is noticed at work in recovery_mode - change about analysis of options
> is necessary.
> The problem is eliminated in patch.

Vladimir, I have applied your patch. It patched and compiled cleanly. I have
committed the changes to CVS.

I do have a few requests for the future, however.

 - Your patch included both whitespace / formatting modifications as well as
   the bug fix code. In the future, I would appreciate if you would seperate
   these into two seperate patches. (Maybe call them stty-whitespace.patch and
   stty-bugfix.patch, or something like that.) With the two things
   intermingled it makes it more difficult to see what bug your patch is
   trying to fix.

 - If you need to keep your test program at the bottom (the one in the #ifdef
   TEST block), that's fine, but if you don't need it, I would prefer that it
   be removed.

 - Please keep / put braces around blocks even if they contain just one
   statement. The reason for doing this is given in the style guide
   (docs/style-guide.txt). The for blocks on lines 585 and 596 are examples of
   places that should have braces around them. This isn't a big deal, just a
   convention we've adopted.

If this patch had come from someone else, I probably would have rejected it
until the above were corrected, but because you are the maintainer of stty,
you get a little more leeway. I ask you only to please remember these things
in the future.

I will close this bug now.

Thanks,

Mark Whitley