[BusyBox] Weird Console behavior

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Thu Jun 28 10:52:02 UTC 2001

On Thu Jun 28, 2001 at 01:20:47PM +0400, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:

> > A few reasons.  First, most of the builtins are broken (for example try to
> > source files in -- doesn't work).
>
> Please, it is possible to learn the list of the mistakes found by you?

I sat down and tried your ash applet last night.  I saw some problems.  So I
grabbed the source code for the latest ash package to compare with and check
the changes you made.  But the code I grabbed was very different and looks
newer, so I ported that one to run in busybox.

> Unfortunately, I and could not understand (translate) this first point.

[andersen at sage busybox]$ ln -sf ash.vodz.c sh.c
[andersen at sage busybox]$ make
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
[andersen at sage busybox]$ rm sh.o
[andersen at sage busybox]$ ln -sf ash.vodz.c sh.c
[andersen at sage busybox]$ ./busybox sh
$ . tests/sh.testcases
sh: write: Bad file descriptor
.: Out of file descriptors
$