[BusyBox] Weird Console behavior

Jim Gleason jimg at lineo.com
Thu Jun 28 10:47:53 UTC 2001

In the init.c file at line 718, there is comments (and code) that
disallows all entries not refering to the console or null devices if a
serial console has been specified.  The following code snippet seems
suspect to me.

         /* If BusyBox detects that a serial console is in use,
          * then entries not refering to the console or null devices
     will _not_ be run.
          * The exception to this rule is the null device.
          */
         if (secondConsole == NULL && strcmp(cons, console)
             && strcmp(cons, "/dev/null"))
             return;

It appears to me that this code assumes the serial console WILL be
specified first. (?)

I know that this is primarily associated with the starting up of other
processes (it is in new_initAction()), but it just doesn't feel right to
me - however, I don't mess with this code very much.

Jim Gleason