[BusyBox] cpio applet commited

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Fri Jun 22 09:42:42 UTC 2001

On Fri Jun 22, 2001 at 07:34:38PM +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> Ive commited the cpio applet Laurence and i have been working on.

ok.

> I havent tested the directory creation or hard links yet, Laurence has
> been testing them, i changed some of his code, so i hope
>  i havent broken anything.
>
> Still todo are
>     - put the cpio description in the ./docs dir (i will get onto this
> soon),

Just update usage.h and it will happen automagically.

>     - get it to check the crc for the crc header type,
>     - cpio has heaps of arguments which i havent even looked into,
> currently it just does the basics.

just the basics is just what we want.  We don't want it to handle
evey obscure and wierd option.  Just the basics is fine.

> apart from that i think things are looking good.

One more thing.  Right now we have two sets of tar code -- one in
the tar.c applet, and another set under libbb.  How about adapting
the tar applet to use the library routine next?

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com