[BusyBox] Compiling dpkg-deb

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Thu Jun 21 21:02:02 UTC 2001

On Fri Jun 22, 2001 at 12:29:36PM +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:

> This one is fixed, i had the wrong #defines around unarchive. Reminds me
> of the the drawbacks from the old utilities.c.

And doing it this way is wrong.  The reason for using libbb and putting one
function per .o file is that this allows the liner (not the preprocessor) to
throw things out.

> If i just declared it in libbb.h then it was ugly as it generated
> warnings for every applet that it wasnt used in.

extern off_t archive_offset;

> Is there a better way to approach this ?

Check out what I just checked in.  This bit of makefile magic
is producing one .o file per function.

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com