[BusyBox] Compiling dpkg-deb

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Thu Jun 21 20:35:36 UTC 2001

David Douthitt wrote:

>When compiling busybox (using the CVS tar.gz file from 0620 pm) I get
>the following error:
>
>libbb.a(unarchive.o): In function `deb_extract':
>unarchive.o(.text+0x8b9): undefined reference to `unarchive'
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make: *** [busybox] Error 1

This one is fixed, i had the wrong #defines around unarchive. Reminds me
of the the drawbacks from the old utilities.c.

The only reason i put all the functions in this layout is because all
these functions in unarchive.c need to access the one global variable,
it also needs to be accessed from applets.
If i just declared it in libbb.h then it was ugly as it generated
warnings for every applet that it wasnt used in.

Is there a better way to approach this ?

Maybe when the dust settles i could make it its own library, like
pwd_grp ?

Glenn