[BusyBox] unarchiving tools reorganised again

Laurence Anderson laurence at zxmail.com
Thu Jun 21 12:06:10 UTC 2001

>So when cpio is working properly i will commit it.

Attached a patch to do hardlinks. Could you test & apply. Sorry about the
lchown stuff - me being braindead! I support lchmod doesn't exist as all
links are rwxrwxrwx.

>Its best we treat the issue of tar.c and untar.c seperately to the
>unarchive diff, it would be a fairly radical change to the existing
>tar.c and im not sure Erik wants us to mess with tar too much. I was
>thinking maybe the untar.diff could go in a contrib dir ?

At the moment yes, but I think straight after the next release untar & tar
should be merged, as our code should work just as well as the origional tar
code, but its shared.

Laurence