[BusyBox] autoconf stuff

Tom Oehser tom at toms.net
Thu Jun 14 06:37:49 UTC 2001

> I prefer to use Ruby, but when it comes to it - Python, Ruby, Perl -
> they all take up a good chunk of space.  Be nice of some small
> utilities were available without requiring megabytes of space.

LUA.  LUA!  www.lua.org.  Tomsrtbt includes Lua, I have a Lua interpreter
that is way expanded with the luasocket networking libraries, the regex
regular expression libraries, and the md5 hashing and ecryption libraries-
and the whole thing still takes only 90K!  I had the basic Lua interpreter
down to 70K!  I reviewed all of them when I got fed up with awk (Mawk is
not able to handle nulls, and Gawk is grossly overweight...), and for the
small-footprint user, Lua was by far the best I could find...

-Tom