[BusyBox] autoconf stuff

David Douthitt ssrat at mailbag.com
Thu Jun 14 06:29:13 UTC 2001

Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 10:41:20AM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> > I plan on moving to a CML[12] based configuration system after 0.52
> > gets released, which should allow people to never have to edit another
> > configuration file...
>
> I really hope we won't need to all install 12MB of Python gunk :-(.

I would agree with this.  Python seems to be taking over, sort of like
a snake in the grass :-)

I prefer to use Ruby, but when it comes to it - Python, Ruby, Perl -
they all take up a good chunk of space.  Be nice of some small
utilities were available without requiring megabytes of space.

Maybe someone should write this CML thing in Korn Shell :-)