[BusyBox] pivot_root on busybox-0.52 and kernels 2.4.x

Ivan Passos ivan at cyclades.com
Mon Jul 23 18:03:59 UTC 2001

Hello,

When I try to call pivot_root, I get the following msg:

To make this application work, you will need to recompile
with a kernel supporting the pivot_root system call. -Erik

pivot_root: pivot_root: Function not implemented

What do I need to enable in the kernel to support the pivot_root
system call?? I'm running kernel 2.4.7, but this error happend with
kernels 2.4.4 and 2.4.6 as well.

If you need additional information about my kernel config. file, I can
send you my .config file (didn't wanna send it to the list to save BW).
TIA!

Later,
Ivan