[BusyBox] memory problem in syslogd

Zhang Qilin qilin at routerd.com
Wed Jul 18 21:07:45 UTC 2001

Dear Feldman,

Thanks for your reply.

I found the reason of the memory problem for syslogd, it's the definition
of "BB_FEATURE_BUFFERS_GO_ON_STACK" and "BB_FEATURE_BUFFERS_GO_IN_BSS",
by default, both of them not defined, then "RESERVE_BB_BUFFER" will
use "xmalloc" to allocate memory, but didn't find the "free" operation.

Maybe other applets have the same problem, but it's difficult to find
it if the applet is not a daemon.

Please confirm, thanks again.

Regards,

Qilin