[BusyBox] memory problem in syslogd

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Wed Jul 18 12:02:25 UTC 2001

On Wed Jul 18, 2001 at 01:47:55PM -0400, Gennady Feldman wrote:
> 	On another note, I am quite curious to see when the directory
> organization/cleanup will take place. I know that there has been a lot of
> discussion in changing the Makefile and using CML. One thing that should be
> addressed is the fact the when you do cvs update it won't overwrite your
> selected applets in your Config.h file. One way of "fixing" this is either to
> use CML and have .config file for the local settings or to split up the file
> into smaller components.

I plan on making a busybox release before the switch to CML -- hopefully I will
find some time to get the release out tonight...  I need to spend some time
testing the updated tar, making sure the shells behave themselves now (I think
vodz' patches have fixed things), and I fixing up some bugs I've noticed
(yesterday I noticed dos2unix doesn't work, for example).  Any last minute
testing /bugfixing people can do would be great.  I'm technically supposed to
be on vacation at the moment (but I seem to be doing a terrible job of
vacationing -- I'm such a loser ;-)

That should provide a nice and stable busybox for people to use while we muck
about with the build system.  Once the build system changes begin, using CVS
snapshots will _not_ be recommended...

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com