[BusyBox] Help: unpackrpm doesnt work.

Boris reisig at home.com
Fri Jul 6 20:33:23 UTC 2001

I downloaded the latest cvs uClibc and busybox[0.52pre] today. I have created a working bootdisk with using both the latest cvs busybox and uClibc but im having problems un-rpming. I looked at previous messages on how to unrpm files.

I saw.
  rpmunpack < important.rpm | gzip -d | cpio -idmuv

and get an error
cpio: Stream error: Illegal seek

Am I doing this right? This rpm was created with rpm 4.02. Is the unrpmpack in busybox only compadible with rpm's created with v 3.xx or can it unrpm all rpms? I agree that unstead of typing all that, it should just be "unrpm important.rpm". I also tried

rpmunpack important.rpm  <created important.cpio.gz>
gunzip important.cpio.gz  <created important.cpio>
I tried "cpio -idmuv important.cpio" and "cat important.cpio | cpio -idmuv" and nothing happens. It just sits in cpio forever. Am I doing something wrong? Also, How would I make it unarchive with a root directory of /mnt. For instance. with regular rpm, I just have to rpm --install important.rpm --root=/mnt. Is their a similiar with the unrpmpack in busybox? Any help would be *greatful*.