[BusyBox] mkfs_minix bug

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Wed Jan 31 23:06:22 UTC 2001

On Wed Jan 31, 2001 at 04:50:14PM -0600, David Douthitt wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2001, at 22:19, Erik Andersen wrote:
>
> > -static __attribute__ ((noreturn)) void show_usage()
> > +static void show_usage() __attribute__ ((noreturn));
> > +static void show_usage()
>
> This compiled no problems.
>
> mount.c has an "error" too:
>
> mount.c: In function `mount_main':
> mount.c:451: Warning: `f' might be used uninitialized in this function

That warning has been there forever with libc5.  f is most certainly
not uninitialized -- it is an assignment for heavens sake that it is
complaining about.  Ignore it -- it is a gcc 2.7.3 compiler problem.

> Just saw something interesting about the duplicate busybox.o error:
> utility.o appears to occur both on line 253 (utility.o) and on line
> 251 - in $(OBJECTS).  Would this be part of the problem?

Well.  I think this is part of your problem.  Take a careful look at
    http://busybox.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/busybox/Makefile?annotate=1.145
and compare it with your copy of Makefile.  My Makefile and the one
in cvs don't have utility.o on line 251.

I wonder if you might want to 'rm Makefile; cvs up Makefile' and
try again?  Perhaps something strange has happened.

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com