[BusyBox] Minor problems

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Tue Jan 30 15:49:34 UTC 2001

On Mon Jan 29, 2001 at 07:15:25PM -0800, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 05:02:01PM -0800, Larry Doolittle wrote:
> > Well, I just built and tested 0.49 on my nanoEngine.
> > It has some problems.
> >
> > 1.  The new ls terminal window size code is clueless
> >   about my situation (remote access via the serial port).
> >   Instead of defaulting to 80 chars wide, it gives up,
> >   maybe assuming 0 width.  "ls -l" is OK, "ls -w 80" is
> >   OK, just "ls" does absolutely nothing.
>
> You are right in assuming that the width defaults to zero.
> Unfortunately, this ends up causing a divide by zero, which
> terminates the process.

Ulp.  My bad -- I'll fix this right up (unless you beat me to it).

> > 2. I _think_ I built this copy with USE_SYSTEM_PWD_GRP = true,
> >   but ls on an NFS mounted directory gives me:
> > # ls -l /mnt/recycle
> > -rwxrwxr-x   1 ls: unknown uid 501
>
> ls.c uses the my_getpwuid functions from utility.c.  I guess it
> should be converted to the standard ones now that pwd_grp/ is
> included.  A patch to fix both 1 and 2 is attached.

If you look in utility.c, the my_* password and group functions
now use the standard interfaces internally.  And since they do
the error checking and pulling the needed string out from struct
passwd or struct group they do save some memory that way.

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com