[BusyBox] Generating Config.h applications from busybox output

David Douthitt ssrat at mailbag.com
Tue Jan 30 15:22:23 UTC 2001

On 30 Jan 2001, at 15:07, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:

> David Douthitt wrote:
> >
> > I forgot to mention that I have a shell (/bin/sh) program that will
> > generate a set of #defs for busybox applications in a compiled
> > busybox.  Would this be a good contribution to the busybox tree?
>
> Support create one/many binaries?

It doesn't create binaries at all, but generates the section of the
Config.h file that lists all of the applications.  The output is
something of this format:

//
// busybox Applications
//
// Source: <busybox header>
//
#define BB_APP1
#define BB_APP2
[....]
#define BB_LAST_APP
//
// end busybox Applications
//
// 71 applications defined.
//

Then this can be put into Config.h to select applications desired,
saving time when a distribution maintainer updates the compiled
busybox.

--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator