[BusyBox] busybox SegFaults

David Douthitt ssrat at mailbag.com
Tue Jan 30 04:02:08 UTC 2001

I've tried:

* Linux 2.2.19pre7
* Linux 2.2.18
* Openwall v1 for 2.2.18
* Openwall v2 for 2.2.18
* Busybox 0.47
* Busybox 0.48
* Busybox 0.49 (CVS)

I'm getting exasperated - this is a stumper for sure.

Next I'm going to try and turn "off" the Openwall patch security and
see what happens.  Then I'll try removing libsafe.  If I get really
desperate I'll change glibc to that included with Debian 2.1.

It's most always the same - either 1) busybox or other program
SegFaults *immediately* after the kernel is loaded and the /linuxrc
executes, and I get "Enter runlevel:"; or 2) everything loads except
busybox insmod SegFaults.

The first is sporadic, the latter is now firmly entrenced and won't
disappear.

--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator