[BusyBox] Busybox broken at the moment?

David Douthitt ssrat at mailbag.com
Fri Jan 26 13:01:32 UTC 2001

On 26 Jan 2001, at 3:48, Stefan Fleiter wrote:

> fetching BusyBox out of CVS and trying to compile it _as usual_
> I get the following errors:

> gcc -Wall -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -D_GNU_SOURCE -I- -I. -I.  -DBB_VER='"0.49pre"' -DBB_BT='"2001.01.26-03:36+0000"'   -c -o basename.o basename.c
> In file included from busybox.h:27,
>                  from basename.c:24:
> Config.h:106: parse error before `<'

I, too, received this error.  I suspect CVS is merging changes in a
file?  When this error is fixed, then every thing works.

The Config.h has lines like this (going from memory):

<<<<<<<<< Config.h
[...data...]
=========
[...alternate data?...]

In mine, there were three sets of these.  I changed them by hand
(removing markers and one set of data) and everything worked.  Did
Stefan and I miss something when we used cvs?

I always use "cvs up busybox" to update busybox, along with my
Config.h - though I usually try to save it somehow.

--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator
n9ubh at callsign.net