[BusyBox] Re: busybox digest, Vol 1 #258 - 3 msgs

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Fri Jan 26 10:09:32 UTC 2001

Mark Whitley wrote:

> > In Larry Doolittle patch cp_mv must best usage BSS.
>
> Agreed, I like Larry's approach, but this would be a single
> stack-or-malloc toggle that would be applied globally, not on a
> case-by-case basis (where "case-by-case" refers to each instance
> of a buffer).

Why you think, what I against your this statement?
I already have written this _concrete patch Larry to CP_MV_
is based on the wrong theory! ONLY CONCRETE!!

And:
malloc checks an opportunity of a allocating and report this
(== != 0). And stack? ;)

Erik Andersen wrote:

> I think I'd rather have this patch go in and be done with it.
> Then the philosophers decide for themselves...

Let the program ugly, but an source code looks
as _though it were_ beautifully? :(

--w
vodz