[BusyBox] choice for reserving buffers

Larry Doolittle ldoolitt at recycle.lbl.gov
Thu Jan 25 20:50:52 UTC 2001

Vladimir wrote:

> Each new utility called through fork (), it uses only own BSS,
> total volume BSS in project at all not interessing figure.

Aaaah, but in a multi-call binary, _all_ utilities (as configured
at compile-time) are loaded (by execve, not fork) into RAM whenever
_any_ of those utilities will be run.

>LD> I think 0.49 should attempt to support the existing
>LD> customer base.  I'd like to hear from more of them
>LD> on this subject.
>
> I understand lineo.com, they write for specific to engineering,
> can be not having page addressing in general (?)

Everybody who uses BusyBox is a customer.  People who have
no credible alternative get extra consideration.  A quick
look at the BusyBox home page leads me to believe there are
quite a few such customers.  :-)  Unfortunately, I can't
require them to speak up on the mailing list.

Erik, do you have a list of intended and/or "supported" targets
(or target categories)?  I seem to remember reading such a list,
but I can't find it now.

BTW, you can add
to your users list if you want.

     - Larry