[BusyBox] Improving Our Development Process _after_ 0.49

Larry Doolittle ldoolitt at recycle.lbl.gov
Wed Jan 24 17:23:15 UTC 2001

I appreciate all the discussion on this subject, and
it even sounds like progress.  I will resist commenting
on _my_ prejudices for how the directories should be laid
out, how many binaries to build, what files to split out,
and how many build options to give the "customer".

I _will_ guarantee that busybox/tinylogin/netkit-tiny
et al. will suffer major breakage during the transition
to a more long-term maintainable project architecture.

BusyBox has seen a significant number of bugfixes and
core improvements in The last six weeks.  That needs to
be checkpointed and announced as an 0.49 release, _before_
we start a major reorganization.

Questions I have for 0.49:
    Can we resolve the buffer allocation issue any better?
       (like choosing stack vs. xmalloc at compile time)
    Can someone with CVS commit rights do a s/maintainence/maintenance/ ?
    Can we put in insmod -L support?
    Any last minute volunteers to add MIPS/insmod support?
    Would everyone please try the current CVS tree on their production boxes?

Anything else?

    - Larry