[BusyBox] An historic moment!

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Wed Jan 17 11:00:07 UTC 2001

Hi, Michael.

>> I did not mention commercial developments.
>> Not with similar trend it is a lot of commercial projects.
>> I do not use commercial programs!
>
> Yes, but it seems you expect open source developers to act in the same
> way as if they were payed by you for developing something.

Well it is better to you to judge. I also never approved of
participation in commercial projects. :)

> You miss the point. I do not complain about your mail stating that
> discussion of certain functions would be a good idea. I complain about
> the way you expect something to happen. Judging by "external results"
> is a bad idea when looking at an open source project.

I see fast reaction to bug reports.
And full ignoring of additional ideas.

The small test. :) Last!!!

$ grep "fprintf(stdout, " ls.c | wc -l
     23
$ sed "s/fprintf(stdout, /printf/" ls.c > ls_new.c
$ size ls.o ls_new.o
   4616      42       0    4658    1232 ls_new.o
   4712      42       0    4754    1292 ls.o

gain 96 bytes :)

--w
vodz