[BusyBox] SIGSEGV problem

bgat at open-widgets.com bgat at open-widgets.com
Thu Jan 4 21:14:56 UTC 2001

Erik:

> Hmm.  Could you dig into this further for me.  Step one, install
> dmalloc (http://dmalloc.com/) and enable DODMALLOC in the Makefile.
> Recompile, then run 'export
> DMALLOC_OPTIONS=debug=0x14f47d83,inter=100,log=logfile' (wierd, I
> know -- just do it cuz it works) and then run gdb again.  dmalloc
> does wonderful things when looking for wierd bugs like this, and is
> the best IMHO open source malloc debugger/mem-leak finder out there.
> Since you can reproduce this ellusive bug, I'd really be glad to
> have your help in finding it.

This procedure will be interesting to implement--- *everything* I'm
doing currently is crossdevelopment.  I don't even have a shell on the
target system (ok, I have sash-3.4, but that's it), no dynamic linker
(not for lack of trying--- I can't find a PPC ld.so anywhere!), no
init, nada.  Just raw electrons held together with penguin poop and
NFS...

I'll see what I can do, though.

b.g.
--