[BusyBox] Changelog

Larry Doolittle ldoolitt at recycle.lbl.gov
Thu Jan 4 20:28:45 UTC 2001

Erik et al. -

I am in favor of an early 0.49 release, in particular
long before Erik and I try to drop in a rewritten sh,
but preferably after I figure out how to safely re-enable
BB_FEATURE_SH_STANDALONE_SHELL.

Here are some Changelog entries for you:

* Glenn McGrath -- new 'dpkg-deb' applet
* Glenn McGrath -- new ar code
* Erik Andersen -- disabled many less commonly used applets by default
* ?? -- more thrashing about to get clean perror_msg usage
* Matt Kraai -- new command line munging
* Larry Doolittle -- keep some locales from messing up busybox.sh
* ?? -- cleaned up dd and tail with shiny new parse_number routine
* Mark Whitley -- remove debugging messages from deallocvt
* Matt Kraai and Mark Whitley -- new document "How to Add a New Applet to BusyBox"
* David Douthitt -- fixed "grep -qv" bug
* Larry Doolittle -- fixed insmod bug with old kernels
* Matt Kraai -- logger remixed to use getopt, selection of stdin made util-linux compatible
* ?? -- many more internal symbols classified static to avoid namespace pollution
* Matt Kraai -- nc listening support
* ?? -- unused parts of sed removed
* Larry Doolittle et al. -- internal shell cleanup and buglet fixing, read and exec should work better now
* Matt Kraai et al. -- more tar improvements and bug fixes, now handles regexp file exclusion
* Larry Doolittle -- new script to automate build rule checking

What ever happened to Richard June and df?
I assume Matt's new tail will go in.

       - Larry